Friday, April 11, 2008

A Small Price to Pay for a Good Nap

Matthew's sleeping patterns have been off lately. Maybe it is because of the new routine with daycare or maybe he is still feeling the effects of teething. The rationalizing does not make things easier on me though. For the last couple of weeks Matthew will wake up in the middle of the night and not go back to sleep for 2-3 hours. For instance, he woke up last night at 11:30PM and would not go back to sleep until 2AM. I have discovered the best way to get some sleep is to go to bed at 8PM, while Tony takes Matthew on some errands. For Tony these errands are most likely a trip to his heaven on earth...the computer superstore Fry's. So he takes his son out "geeking" with him for about an hour and a half while I get my only good 1-2 hours of sleep. Of course there are many unexplained techno-paraphernalia when I wake up. But this is a small price to pay for some much needed shut eye.

No comments: