Saturday, November 10, 2007

One Book, Two Book, Red Book, Blue Book

I have been reading to Matthew fairly regularly since he was 3 days old. However, it is only recently that I have noticed lots of smiles when I read to him and he seems attentive to my voice the whole time. We received some cardboard baby books from Matthew's cousin Trinity and I read those to him every day. Matthew's favorites are The Dr. Seuss ABC Book, There's a Wocket in My Pocket and Hop on Pop. I say these are his favorites but in actuality they are mine. I like reading Dr. Seuss the most because it reminds me of my childhood. I loved the absurd characters and the silliness. We received Cat in the Hat from my friend Monica as a gift and that too I enjoy reading so much that Matthew notices a difference in the way I read it. I am a lot more animated. Recently, I went to Borders and bought, Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and my all time favorite Fox in Socks. Fox in Socks is a book of tongue twisters that I will enjoy watching Tony read to his son for the first time. I will have to videotape it. Tony is unfamiliar with a lot of the Dr. Seuss books because he moved to the States from Croatia when he was seven and he had outgrown Dr. Seuss books by then.

I am not the only one who enjoys reading Dr. Seuss books to Matthew. My father does too:

No comments: