Monday, January 21, 2008

Shopping, Reading, and Eating

Lately I have noticed that Matthew seems to enjoy running errands with me. Before a couple of weeks ago, it seemed like he barely put up with any outings. I thought of it like shopping with a ticking time bomb that could go off any minute and cut our trip short. Having a wailing infant tends to make me want to leave any public place. Now, however, Matthew seems to enjoy looking at the surroundings and taking in all of the new sights and sounds. I especially noticed this at the bookstore last Friday. It is a good thing that Matthew now gives me more time to browse at the bookstore, because since he was born I have been reading an average of 3 books a week. I have read all of the books in my bookshelf that have been unread for 10 years or more. Where do I find time to read you may ask? ..When I am breast feeding Matthew. When I am especially engrossed in a book, I have noticed that Matthew eats longer. Maybe because I am less restless and willing to sit still. Perhaps I am projecting though. Maybe I try to get Matthew to eat longer so that I can finish a chapter. I have been reading a combination of child development books, business books, and novels.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Howdy Maria~

Matthew is so cute and a lucky lil guy to have you as his mom!!! I'm lovin' your blogs! I'm reminded of all the Simpson parties when we were roomies together! :)

Take care and let's talk soon!
Love, Tricia