Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Matthew's Life as a Simpsons Character

Earlier this week Matthew had another feeding marathon and Tony quoted an episode of The Simpsons when Homer mistakenly bought a subliminal vocabulary building tape instead of a weight loss tape. Tony said of Matthew, “His gastronomic rapacity knows no satieties”. I was proud of Tony for remembering the quote. He knew when he married me that I am one of the biggest Simpson’s nerds and I quote the show constantly with Matthew’s Unkie Jude (Simpsons Reference). I am sure this will not be the last posting with Simpsons quotes but here are a few ways that The Simpsons has invaded our life:

Baby clothes made from Crown Royale bags was an idea Matthew's Unkie Jude got from an episode of The Simpsons when Homer lost his job and the family had to scrimp and save.

Here is a onesie I bought with a quote from Bart when he was a baby and Homer made a "clown crib" to comfort him. Unfortunately for Bart, the clown was scary.


Here was the cake topper from our wedding.



No comments: