Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lets have a look at this "Gianormous" baby

Dad is posting today. Today was Matthew's 4 month checkup and the phrase in the title was spoken by his pediatrician. Matthew is 27" long (or is that tall?) and weighs 17 lbs 8.5 oz. That puts him at 95 percentile in both height AND weight. That is a big baby, eh? He also got 3 syringes with 4 immunizations. Poor little guy was in pain.

The doctor had a resident with her today and the resident got a laugh from his new nickname. I explained to the resident that I am 6' 7", my wife is 6', my brother-in-law is 6' 7", I have uncles that are 6' 5" or taller. Her response was "Wow! I wish I had his genes"; the resident is no taller that 5' 4".

The appointment was supposed to be at 11:30 am. The doctor's office was running late so Matthew was seen almost an hour late. By the time we made it home, it was 2:15 and it was too late for Dad to make the hour-long trip into the office for only 2 to 3 hours of work. I got a vacation day.

Matthew is also getting ever closer to crawling. He has been arching his back, keeping his head up, reaching forward for a while now. He started pulling back with his arms this week. Oh, boy are we in trouble!!! :-)

No comments: