Monday, August 20, 2012

Date Knight at Chick Fil A

May 12, 2012
On May 12th the day between Tony’s birthday and Mother’s Day, I took Matthew and Jacob to Chick Fil A DateKnight. Chick Fil A has always been my favorite fast food restaurant and seeing that I don’t get to go to many “non-fast-food restaurants” lately.. it is the favorite restaurant I get to go to. However, I find it difficult to manage both boys by myself and this outing reminded me why. Matthew spent the first 20 minutes whining about everything. The tables were set up with table cloths and Chick Fil A employees brought menus to our table and brought a cardboard shield for Matthew to decorate with our family emblem. He chose a monkey of course. Jacob has a hard time sitting through a meal and tried to sprint to the indoor playground any time I was not holding him. So with complainy Matthew and escape artist Jacob I did not have a very good “date”. At one point Jacob took off and as I went to retrieve him I slipped on a french fry and flew across the floor and took out a couple of tables along the way. This did not slow Jacob down but it certainly got the attention of every patron, employee, and manager of Chick Fil A. Everyone asking me if I was okay. I was okay.. jus terribly embarrassed. This is only one of many spills I have taken sprinting after Jacob. At least this one did not involve a lot of blood and a scrape so big that only a taped maxi pad would cover it. After the embarrassing spill I did manage to get some good photos of the Knight Cow.


No comments: