Thursday, August 18, 2011

Roller Skating with Matthew 07/24/11

On July 24th we took Matthew to Pearland Roller Skating Rink for the first time. This was his first time to attempt roller skating. I love to rollerblade so I have been looking forward to this for a few years now. I brought my rollerblades anticipating that I would get to skate with Matthew. Tony and Jacob watched from the sidelines. Matthew attempted skating first with some skates that did not have any bearings. So the wheels did not move. After a few laps we realized, “what’s the point”, so we got some more advanced (or normal) skates that rolled. I realized that Matthew’s balance is not as good as I thought. I had to walk him around the rink fully supporting him. I gave him some guidance pumping his legs independently. However, I realized that this is probably a little too early for him to skate. Unless of course I want to move him the whole time.


Here are some photos from the Pearland Town Center Fountain. The boys love the water.






No comments: