Monday, July 6, 2009

Thank You Collin and Laura.. for Showing Us this Great Place

On Friday July 3rd, the first day of our three day holiday weekend, Matthew and I met Collin and his mom, Laura at a really cool water park/playground. The ironic thing was that the park is just a couple of miles away from our house. We never knew about it. The park has some refreshing water fountains for the kiddos to cool off in and the biggest playground I have seen in the area. Collin and Matthew played a lot, sometimes together and sometimes separately. This gave me time to catch up with my friend Laura. Here is the morning from Collin's perspective: http://ceholmes.blogspot.com/2009/07/matthew-and-more-water.html
We went back to the same park Saturday and Sunday to show Matthew's daddy the new "happy place". I think we will be going here regularly now.
Okay, I am sure you have seen many similar photos of Matthew to the one above. However, this park has a unique feature--a group of 5 suspended cones that slowly fill up with water and when any cone is completely filled up it dumps the water on the unsuspecting (or suspecting) victim below.
I spent much of my time throwing a ball into or underneath the cones to lure Matthew to stand underneath the cone. It worked a couple of times as you can see below.

1 comment:

MommaHolmes07 said...

Great idea about the ball under the cones. We had a great time with Matthew and his mommy