Monday, September 3, 2012

Bongo at daddy's work

NASA, just like a lot of companies, has a "bring your kids to work" day. Unfortunately, Matthew is still too young for this program so he does not know about it yet... I have never mentioned it to him because I would have to spend the next 2 years explaining why he is too young to take to work...

Given all of that, a few days last week he insisted that I take Bongo to work. I thought this was very sweet and grown up thing for Matthew to do. How can I resist when he makes such a request?

The first picture shows what Bongo saw when he came to my desk. I had "The Matrix" screensaver on. He was so mesmerized by the matrix code flying on the screen, I had to take a picture of him and think to myself: "Bongo, the Matrix has you..."

What happened next was a complete surprise: Bongo claimed the he could hack into the Matrix. So, he grabbed the headphones that were on my desk and became an operator from the Matrix movies. Again, all I could do is stand back and watch. I asked him what he's doing. He says that looking for Neo but all he sees are blue pills, blonde, brunette, redheads... I just could not see what he saw...

Now, daddy had to start hid day at work. Soon, Bongo was curious to see what I was doing. He was really interested to see the simulation of the Japanese HTV space vehicle flying up to the International Space Station.

Since he watched me listening to music while working, he asked me to put the headphones on him. Now, he was rocking to the latest "Rush" CD, getting warmed up for the Rush concert in December.

No comments: